The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fun, fun, fun

I have so much to talk about tonight. I don't even know where to begin! This has been a super busy week for us. After 2 doctor visits, 6 hours out of my days, and $150 dollars later, Jagger has been diagnosed with asthma. Poor thing still hasn't kicked the cough he has, but he has been a real trooper throughout this busy week. He is being pumped full of steroids and albuteral. They gave him a breathing treatment on Thursday's visit. Have you ever seen a child after a albuteral treatment? Have you ever seen Jagger on any given day? Can you imagine the product when the two are combined? He was like a bouncy ball...that would not stop. Thankfully, it only lasted about 2 hours so by the time we got home we both took a long nap to recover from our experience. Wednesday was his Pumpkin Bash. He dressed like a red power ranger. Yes, the costume we have owned for how many years now? Not the costume I just recently purchased him.

Friday was a super busy day too. Jackson's school does a costume parade before the party. It was big fun. The party was super awesome as well. Our room moms ROCK! Mrs. Swinger said it was the best party ever. Ok...let me just add that I am not the only room mom. Mrs. Daniella is super helpful. Not to mention the room full of parents that sent in everything on our list. We do have a great class. The only reason I feel like a rocked that is because I had goody bags made (from last years Target after Halloween sale), I ordered awesome Fox's Big Daddy pizza (with my smart card that was BOGO free), and I made a cool Halloween bingo game (that Mrs. Swinger liked so much she asked if she could laminate them). See...I rocked that day! I promise not to say the r-word for the rest of this post :)
That night we went to a really cool Halloween party that we were invited to by some new friends of the boys. I won't go into too much detail because these two moms would make me look like mediocre mom. There was all kinds of spooky foods, popcorn & cotton candy makers, games, and lots of goodies too. It was like a mini carnival! It was super cold, but lots of fun!!
Today was just another awesome mom day. (Hey-did I tell you about the nutrion lady who made me feel like the worst mom ever because I feed my kids too much mac n cheese? Ok-maybe it didn't go down exactly like that, but this entry is all about me...obviously...and how much I ro...how great a mom I am...even if it is only occasionally!) Anyway-our super busy 10th day in a row started with basketball camp this morning at 9 a.m. Jackson and Jagger will start playing BB the first week of December. Jagger's camp was today. He has never played BB before, and was a little apprehensive at first. Once it got started though, he was all about it. Trying really hard to do exactly as the coach said and getting as many words as he could in edgewise of course. Well, they started doing these drills. Dibble to the other side, do a jumping jack (which amazingly no little kid can seem to do) or circle the ball around your head, body, ankles (their arms are not quit long enough for this) or a crazy dance, then dribble back to start. They were on the last one, and these little kids were doing their version of a dance move. It was funny. Then it is Jagger's turn, and I am curious to see what crazy move he comes up with. He runs to center court (never dribbling because he really can't), puts the ball down, sits on his bottom, spins around 3 times, picks the ball up, and remembers to dribble right at the end. Huge smile across his face the whole time. Like he does this dance move everyday! I wish I had video taped that! After camp, we came home and by sheer miracle accomplished all our chores with minimal yelling. They were quick too. Then we finished up our super mom week at the fall festival down the street. They had 15 huge blow up house things, games, food, pony rides, hay rides, and goody bags when we left. All for free which Jordan couldn't seem to get past the whole time we were there. It has been a really great week. I hope my boys have had fun because daddy is off tomorrow, and super mom is taking a vacation! Well, I guess we have to trick or treat. So I will be taking my scary monsters, the Joker, and who knows what Jagger will be tomorrow. He was Batman today. I do know that it will not be Spiderman or blue Power Ranger. Those are at Grandma's for repairs. Speaking of Grandma's, I am very excited to go to Memphis this next weekend to see all my people. Maybe even sell a little CM and PC too!

Ok. Let me end with this from our very own comedian, Jagger Smith

It was very cold this morning so I went into the living room to turn on the gas logs. Getting them started is really hard sometimes, and I had to keep clicking the starter which is pretty loud especially when the whole house is quiet. I have been trying this for about ten minutes when I hear,

"Hey mom, can you keep in down. I am trying to sleep in here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus