The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Off to 8th grade, 3rd grade, and KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!

Where exactly have the days gone??  I am not ready for school...I am not ready to send this baby boy off to Kindergarten.  Why do they have to grow up so fast?  I am having a REALLY hard time with this.  I know that everyone laughs it off like no big deal, but it is a big deal...HUGE!  He is my baby.  What am I going to do with my time now?  I am trying to stay positive and upbeat about this whole Kindergarten thing,  but I have to be honest with you, I am crying my eyes out....on the inside of course. 
He on the other hand is super excited.  We went to registration to meet his teacher, Mrs. Anglea.  He was so proud of his new classroom.  Although he misses Ryan and Reed so much, he was very happy to see that his other buddy from preschool, Ranger, will be in his classroom.  I hope she is ready for them!  I am very thankful for the whole phasing in process they have here in Sumner county.  For the first two weeks of school, the Kindergarten classes are split up so only a few go for a half a day each week.  I will admit that I did not like this idea at first.  It seemed silly to me for them to go for three and half hours once a week, but I am liking the idea very much now.  I still get two more weeks with him.  He's first day will be Thursday, and he can hardly wait.  Unlike me who could wait...oh say another year!!
Jackson and Jordan started yesterday.  I am going to try to force Jordan to be more like me this year so that should be fun.  What I mean is I am going to try to make him OCD like me.  How can you live in such chaos?  So I have elected myself sheriff of the binder police.  I am armed with a 3 hole punch, dividers, sharpies and paper clips.  A place for everything and everything in its place right??  I was thrilled to learn yesterday afternoon that I have a deputy as well.  Her name is Mrs. Crawford, and her day job is math and lit, but her night job is using a 3 hole punch for all her handouts.  LOVE IT!!  I think she and I will be good friends. 
Jackson's teacher is Mrs. Dillon.  She seems really nice.  I only know what I have heard from other parents, but the most exciting thing I heard is she is not a big believer in take home projects.  God love her!!  We all know how I feel about those.  Two of his buddies from Mrs. Swinger's class are in his room this year so he was happy about that.  Jackson has come such a long way.  Remember in Kindergarten when he wanted to become president so he could change the nations laws on mandatory schooling...to none at all.  Or what about the time in 1st grade, when he told me he would finish out that year, but would NOT be going on to the next.  Second grade was a huge turning point for him, and we owe it all to Mrs. Swinger.  She taught him everything she is suppose to (school wise) and so much more.  She taught him how to love school again.  Awesome!
We had a really great summer.  It went by all too fast.  Now it is time to get back in the swing of things.  I am going to miss staying up late and sleeping in, but I am excited to see what this new school year brings for my boys...all three of them.  And if you can't seem to find me during the day...check the school.  I know I complained a lot about it last year, but I couldn't help myself.  I signed up for everything I possibly could.  You say I'm insane...I call it separation anxiety.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus