The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jagger turns 3!!!

Jagger turned 3 on Saturday. He had lots of phone calls wishing him Happy Birthday, and he thought he was big stuff. Although some people did not bother calling, but I will not mention there names. They know who they are. Let it go-no reason to harbor ill feelings. We did cake for him on Sat, and his party was Sunday at Chuck E Cheese. Now for weeks he said he wanted to have his party at CEC after I finally convinced him we could not have it at Lisa's. (I know-Lisa is the bomb. My kids think she hung the moon. Well, she did so I guess I understand.) Anyway-the day after I booked the party at CEC, we planned to go get tokens so we could stock up for the party. All through the mall, Jagger talked about how CEC was his friend and he was going to give him a hug and a high five, etc. This goes on for a good 45 min. When it came time to go in to CEC, I explained to Jagger that we were getting tokens for the party and leaving. I was trying to avoid a meltdown. So we go in and I see CEC standing at the entrance with the girl who stamps your hand. Obviously, Jagger did not because when we got right up on him is when he noticed---and had a major meltdown. CEC had to leave before he would calm down. Now, at this point I have already made a non-refundable deposit. I convince him that this is where we are having the party and he eventually forgets his fear of the mouse as do I. Until Sunday, that is. The party started out great. All our friends were there, and we were having a wonderful time. After 45 minutes of play time, it is time to eat pizza, sing happy birthday, and cut the cake. Looking back now, I clearly remember the hostess telling me that CEC would come out to sing the Birthday song. Let me just say, it was not good. He cried and almost pushed Sam out of his seat trying to get away. He would not let Bert put him down or get near him. Finally, the mouse leaves and all is well again....until about an hour later. Jagger runs from one end of CEC to the other screaming once again. He said that CEC was trying to get him. We were there for 2 and 1/2 hours, and I only recall seeing CEC twice. I am pretty sure that is because of the reaction my child had toward him both times. Needless to say, Jagger did not want to sleep in his bed because he thought CEC would get him. We had long conversations about how none of us could be the mouse's friend, and the metal that he received at his party was given to each of us only after we agreed to beat CEC up. I know-scarred for life at 3 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus