The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wow...

I can not believe how fast time flies by. I am sorry it has been so long since my last post. Let's see, where to start. We have been so busy with basketball...and that pretty much covers it. The boys have been home more than they have gone to school in the past 2 months...really. I am so happy to have a taste of spring weather, even if it is only for a short time. Jackson is loving it...wearing shorts to school. We were reading together the other night, and I just looked at him with amazement. He has grown so much. He is reading so well...and get this...HE ENJOYS IT:) Never thought I would see that day. He is starting a sloppy copy of the books they are writing this week. He is really not a big fan of writing, but he is actually excited about this. He is writing a comic book. I would like to take this moment to let Mrs. Swinger now how much she is appreciated. She has done so much this past school year to encourage Jackson. He went from wanting to be president so he could cancel all school forever to enjoying it. Just this time last year he told me that he would finish out the first grade, but would NOT be going on to second. Now he is a happy almost third grader. My hat goes off to Mrs. S!!
On a different, much sadder note is the fact that my oldest will be an official teenager in 6 very short days and my sweet baby will be going off to the big K this year. How crazy is it to think that almost 13 years ago, I was preparing to have my very first baby boy. How different things were back then. How grateful I am for all that God has given us. Jordan is such a blessing. He has always been my little man. Smart beyond his years and sweet and loving too. Although I can get very frustrated with him at times (usually the times he is acting just like his momma), I am so proud of him. He has grown up so fast, but he is growing into a strong, handsome young man. He took his ACT on Saturday for the Duke TIP. He was a little nervous, but he thinks he did fine. He did not even want me to wait in the check in line with him. I did, but he didn't want me to.
**Jordan just got home from school. He is so excited...all A's and B's...officially ungrounded...WooHoo!! He is so excited, dancing around here like we won the lottery! Way to go Jordan!!
Okay, time for the afternoon rush before church, but let me finish with this...Saturday is Jackson's tournament. If they win this game, they are on to the Grand Championships. Go Blue!!
Jagger has been walking around here for days telling me how pretty I am. I don't know what he is up to, but I am loving it. Everyone can sleep soundly tonight knowing this...If I die before I wake, I died one HAPPY MOMMA:) I have a wonderful hubby who loves me so and works very hard so I can stay home with our three amazing boys who love me, take care of me, and make me smile everyday. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus