The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Thursday, December 30, 2010

As I sit here in Monkey Joe's, I start to wonder if this was a good idea. My head hurts slightly. We accomplished almost nothing on our errands today because I refused to stand in line forever to return something with three boys anxiously waiting to go to Monkey Joe's. So now here I sit with 4 kids that do not belong to me running circles around my chair as if they do. My children are such a blessing to me. Even when they are on my very last nerve. They are growing up so fast, and I am quickly becoming irritable at that thought. Really, where has the time gone? When Jagger was born, I knew that I wanted to watch every minute of him because the two older ones had grown so fast. I didn't want to miss one second of that sweet and obviously last baby. Yet here I sit today with a five year old. How is that possible? It is just so sad that they grow up so fast. Even sadder that my hubby won't give me just one more. He is a big boy now. That is what he told me at McD's earlier. He got the sprite "All by myself". I know they can not stay babies forever. I know that they do indeed have to grow up eventually. I know that life goes on and on and on. Does it really have to pass by so fast though? Think about this...in 3-4 years Jordan will be driving a car by himself. If he keeps his grades in check, he will be graduating from high school in 5 years. Jackson will go to middle school in 3 years. He will be a teenager in 5 years. This all sounds like a long way off, but like I said...yesterday I had a brand new baby and today he is five years old...well that is how it seems. Five years goes by really, really fast. Almost in a blink of an eye. Makes me wonder where we will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus