The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Highs and Lows

2008 is finally over and thank goodness for that. What a crazy year! To start the year off, I turned 30 (which I was not looking forward to at all!) I spent my 30th birthday home alone because my husband was out of town that week, but I did get the best present ever (Lisa found out she was pregnant on my birthday!) I wish I could say the year was all down hill after that, but we all know that is not true. We put the house on the market, sold it a few weeks later, moved to a rental in Hattiesburg, 10 weeks later moved again to Bowling Green. Ok, so it hasn't been that bad. Jackson started Kindergarten, Lisa had a beautiful baby girl, Lillian had one too. Yes, we did lose our job, we both had strep throat the week of Christmas, and Jackson has it now, but 2009 is looking up. My sister got married on New Year's Day so that got us off to a great start, even though we almost burnt the house down that night. Lesson learned--never keep the left over pizza boxes in the oven because you probably will not remember they are in there even though you are preheating the oven to heat the left over pizza. Well, Jessica also learned that her new hubby really must love her!!! All Chris said, as he is dragging the oven outside with the fire still inside is "If you wanted a new stove, why didn't you just say so?" He must really, really love her. It was great to end the year with my family. Maybe the saying is true about whatever you are doing on the first is what you will be doing the rest of the year. I am hoping that it will be spending time with my family minus the putting out fires part!!! Well until I write again, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus