The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Monday, January 19, 2009

29 and holding!

Okay-growing up I had an aunt who always told everyone she was 29 and holding even when she was well past that. Well, now I know why. I thought 30 was bad. I just had to enter my age for whatever reason to try to win tickets to the Southern Women's show in Nashville. I put 30 and then wanted to cry when I immediatly realized that was not right. So from here on out if anyone wants to know I will be 29 and holding. If you want to know my real age, you will just have to keep up with it yourself! By the way, I had a really good birthday even though I turned a whole year older. I went to see Bride Wars and to dinner with Amy. It was nice to be able to actually carry on a conversation with her uninterrupted. That is what happens when you have 6 boys around. Her wonderful and brave and courageous and completely unaware husband offered to watch my boys with theirs so we could go out. He lived to tell about it too. Unfortunatly, he is now aware and probably will never volunteer for that again! We had a lot of fun though. I have to tell you about the card that Bert gave me for my birthday. The front says "Happy Birthday to MY Wife" "From the moment I first saw you, I said to myself, "There's the woman I'm going to marry, raise a family with, and share the dreams of a thousand tomorrows." I stopped reading it. I didn't even open it up. I was thinking "what is this!" This is not what he was thinking. Whatever. He even asked me if I read it. And I am still thinking-I don't even know. I just wanted the maintanence guy to leave so I could finish reading my weird, mushy card. The inside of the card reads "Well, actually it was "nice buns," but you hadn't turned around yet." Now that is my husband! It was like he designed the card himself. Too funny. That is probably the best card ever. It snowed here today. No pictures. It was practically gone before we got moving. No one here was really impressed anyway. Jagger acted as if he saw snow everyday. It is still cold too. Very cold. I really should change my yahoo page to not reflect Hattiesburg weather. It was 70 there once again. The pools will be opening up there soon. That is if they ever closed them. I do not recommend ever leaving a warm place to live in a cold place. Makes the bitter cold that much bitter! They even got more snow than we did a couple of months again. To have it all--snow one day and 70 degrees the next. Well I definitly won't be complaining about missing their weather this summer!!! Need to put these bad boys to bed. I can't even think straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus