The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Week's Worth of Updates!

I did just noticed that for the month of January, I blogged 4 times. That is at least once a week so I am doing pretty good so far. Last Saturday, we had basketball all morning as usual. Jordan's team tied 12-12. It was a really good game. It was not a good time to send out that mass text for Valentine's Day. At half time my phone beeped 17 times for each return text I got back. So during the entire testimonial, my phone beeped. I am pretty sure only those sitting really close heard it, but I was so embarrassed anyway. We missed practice for Jackson's game (which he obviously doesn't need!) They play six minute intervals with equal playing time for everyone. When we arrived, they were already 2 minutes into the first quarter. (Is it a quarter in basketball?) Jackson was allowed to play the remaining quarters, and without being partial; he was on fire. He scored 5 times. I caught one on video. The video is with my camera so it isn't the greatest, and it is over 3 minutes long. But it is so good! The last few minutes left in the game, he tripped over another player. All you could here was the back of his head slamming to the concrete. He chose to sit out the rest of the game. He held ice to his head for maybe 3 minutes, then he was good to go. So tough. Jordan turns 11 on Sunday!! I still can't believe it. We are having 3 friends for a sleep over. I think this is becoming a tradition. Let's just say that this apartment is going to feel very, very small very, very quick. Pray for me now! Pray for Bert too. He is going to need it more than me. One more thing before I beat my rowdy, crazy, mean, screaming, aggravating, tattle-telling, loud, rambunctious boys. The Hulk came to our house today! Yes--We colored both hands, but I drew the line when he wanted to color up his arms and both his feet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus