The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beech Bend

What a day we had. Who would have ever thought we would make it 8 hours at an amusement/water park. The funny thing is...the entire day seemed to fly by!! We picked up Amy, Ryan, Casey, and Evan that morning and arrived around 10AM. We rode most of the amusement park rides first so we could cool off in the water after lunch. Our friend, Melody and her two boys, Collin and Cade, happen to run into us that morning too. I bet we were a sight. Three women with 8 boys trying to run in 5 different directions. We had so much fun though. We had a picnic lunch, lounged in the lazy river, fought the waves, and rode more rides. Jagger rode a roller coaster! The Wild Mouse, which became his favorite ride. Jordan liked the round and round rides. I realized from the start that I can no longer do those rides...I can't even watch them! Jackson said every ride was his favorite. I think the Kentucky Rumbler roller coaster was my favorite. The best part was the last ride of the day. Everyone picked their favorites and rode them one last time. Amy, Melody, and I chose the Rumbler. Amy kept joking with Jackson about her being a screamer all day. Before that last ride Jackson asked Melody if he could ride with her because Amy and I screamed too much. So Amy and I sat side by side and screamed together....We had a blast!

FAREWELL FLIPPERS
On a sadder note, we lost our beloved Flippers yesterday. He was a sweet little turtle. Jordan was very close to him and is taking it the hardest. He will be missed terribly, but we will NOT be replacing him. Bert took him back today to be buried on his home ground (the dealership where he was found). I am very thankful for my husband taking care of this very difficult task for me. When I put him in the cup this morning he just looked like he was sleeping. So sweet. Farewell our turtle friend.

School starts tomorrow, and I am so excited. Now my children will have something to do and somewhere to go everyday of the week. They will no longer have to whine about not being out and about every minute of everyday because they are so bored. I am also excited to get back into some sort of routine again...hopefully. I think Aunt Mallory is coming next weekend for a quick shopping visit. Uncle Dean and Aunt Kelly, Kenny Dean and Vance Parker are coming for a visit too around Labor Day! We look forward to having company because we don't have it often. Then there is the consignment sale, and preschool for Jagger. Busy but fun times ahead. Good luck to you all on your first days of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus