The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Friday, December 24, 2010

It's going to be a white Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




That's right...it looks so beautiful out there with all the snow on the ground. I am finally finished with all my "duties" for the night. Praise that nothing was too hard for mom to handle. Everyone is asleep and I am watching A Christmas Story wishing that A Wonderful Life was on right now. Well, we can't have it all I suppose. Anyway, today was a really great Chirstmas Eve. The boys decorated cookies for Santa while I wrapped presents upstairs. They ate over a dozen of them while I wasn't looking, but at least I got all the gifts wrapped. It was well worth the 3 sugar highs I had to deal with later! We took the firemen there cookies and pumpkin breads. Jagger sat in the ladder truck and even got to turn the lights on this time. My little future fire fighter. We finally were able to open one gift...Jackson didn't know quit what to think when he asked today and I told him yes. He was expecting a no like every other day over the past 4 weeks. Just another reason I usually wait to put any presents under the tree until closer to Christmas. We fed the reindeer and sat out Santa's cookies and milk. It is all done. Now we just wait for old St. Nick! I love Chirstmas. I can't wait to see the excited smiles on their faces in the morning.

Let me leave you with a little bit of Jagger:

On the way to the fire dept, Jackson starts singing that song about how beer is good and people are crazy. Well I unfortunately say "Jackson, let's not sing songs about beer on Christmas Eve please." Yes, I am a hypocrite because two minutes after this conversation took place as we are about to pass the liquor store, I swing in to buy not one but two bottles of wine. Hey-they are closed tomorrow...anyway....Jordan says, "I don't like beer or wine." And sweet little Jagger pipes up "Well I LOVE beer and wine!!" Maybe it is time to become closet drinkers...at least for my children's sake.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus