The Smith Family

The Smith Family
April 2008

Wilderness at the Smokies

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

This is my favorite time of Christmas. All the parties, cookie and ornament exchanges, and gift shopping is over. Now it is time to relax and enjoy the Christmas season. Today was the first day of Christmas vacation. We have lounged around watching movies, baking cookies and I am hoping to get in a nap too. This is what it is all about. Spending time with the ones you love. Now if I can only get a certain little boy to quit begging to open just one gift everyday!!
Jackson had his Christmas party yesterday. I will admit I was a little stressed out about this one. On the teacher's suggestion, we had different stations at our party with cookie decorating, PB&J Reindeer sandwiches, lunch stackables and fruit kabobs, candy cane reindeer and reindeer food. It really went well...even when bags of reindeer food busted everyway. I have to say that I may even consider doing room mom again next year...maybe. Especially since my baby will be in KINDERGARTEN!!
It is so funny how fast time flies. I can't believe that we are about to be in the year 2011. I am looking forward to it though. The past few years have been so crazy for us. I know that we can't predict the future, but I hope that we are here to stay for awhile. We like it here in Hendersonville. We are making great friends. We have found a wonderful church full of great people. I miss Hattiesburg and the friends we made there and especially our church there, but for the first time since we left, I feel like we are at home. I am so happy with our life here. Hendersonville is a great area to raise a family, and it is close enough to go home occasionally. Life is good. God is good...all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

Old Blog Pics

Santa @ Rock Castle


USM Campus